At Matsmart, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. At Matsmart, we are taking care of already produced surplus goods and selling it online at affordable prices to customers who want to buy perfectly good food that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Join our revolution!
Working at Matsmart is a chance to be part of a company who in its business model is changing the world for the better. We are growing fast, which means a lot of work, but also a lot of great opportunities.
After our ongoing success in the Nordics we are now opening up in Germany and you can be part of this exciting journey.
Country Manager (m/w/d) Germany
The Country Manager Germany is responsible for all sales activities in Germany. Together with a small team, which you will build & recruit, the main responsibilities are:
- Delivering on the sales budget, with full responsibility for sales-related P/L
- Exceeding our customer promises by managing the flow of goods from purchase from the supplier until arrival at our customer
- Being the face of the market towards customers, suppliers and the general public
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers, including both global and local brands
- Regular purchases of attractive products, managing their inflow to the warehouse and publishing & price-setting on the website
- Creating co-marketing activities with suppliers
- Building a loyal and engaged customer base
- Managing all contact points (e.g. ads, social media, newsletter, website content) with potential and existing customers
- Generating non-paid and paid traffic to the website
- Managing agencies that support our digital marketing and PR activities
What experience you will add to Matsmart
- You know how to build up and develop companies or sales organisations
- You have experience of both operational and strategic work within sales
- You have worked in an e-commerce company before
- Experience in FMCG is a plus, but not essential
These skills make you excel in the role
- Communicative & negotiating skills
- High analytical skills
- High ability to plan, structure and execute work independently
- Native in German and fluent in English (spoken & written)
Your personal characteristics
- Competitive and willing to work independently, but still a team player
- Inspirational with strong ability to motivate people and make them develop
- Business-minded, however still with a sense of humor
Are you up for this challenge?
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. The role is a permanent job with a six months probation period.