We are now looking to recruit a Junior Area Sales Manager in order to develop the Fruit ingredients business.
Junior Area Sales Manager (gn)
The sales manager is responsible for
- Managing all elements of the account level sales and service support process for assigned accounts
- Proactively initiating, developing and implementing specific programs designed to build new business and expand or develop existing business to maximize profitability
- Understanding target customers business needs and define opportunities
- Inform on competitive activities and market & product trends
- Responsible for sales, contract negotiation & execution, planning and forecasting needs for the assigned territory or accounts.
The Challenging Role
The incumbent is a key player in growing our Fruit Ingredients business in Europe.
The position will report directly to the Strategic Sales Director EMEA and have a good understanding of the specific area of Spain, Italy, Portugal , France, Africa from a commercial point of view and have a technical understanding of the product portfolio, applications, the market and the industry.
In this role you will:
- Set the regional sales and business development strategy
- Focus on food manufacturing companies esp. Beverages, Fruit preparations, Babyfood, Flavor houses and related
- Execute Sales activities: communicate , coordinate approval processes, make quotations and offers, negotiate , close and execute contracts,
- Support sales through commercial planning and strategy as well as supporting technical advice, training and customer trials
- Participate in professional fairs and events
- Actively prospect and contact clients; make company presentations
- Travel for business purposes in the specific area
- Be responsible for the administrative aspects of Sales contracts and PO`s
The ideal geographic location for the position is in Baden Switzerland in combination with home office.
Primary responsibilities with % of importance
- Sales: Achieve assigned sales volumes, sales prices and product availabilities at assigned accounts and expand or develop new business 50%
- Market Intelligence and Planning: Survey, detect, analyze and report all relevant market and competitive conditions. Contribute to the process of establishing sales strategies and plans with opportunities. Manage and develop business within the assigned budget 10%
- New Business Development: Proactively initiate, develop and implement specific programs to build new business or develop existing business to maximize profitability 15%
- Actively lead forecasting and planning process to and from market in order to maximize production and planning efficiencies 10%
- Sales Coordination: Manage and coordinate the logistical process of contract acquisition and order entry, manage price negotiations as directed and facilitate a smooth working customer supplier relationship 10%
- Marketing- related activities such as trade shows, conventions and broker meetings 5%
What we are looking for
- Min. Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a commercial role, including sales development
- Entrepreneural mentality and spirit
- Experience working in ingredient sales at a producer, distributor or agent.
- Record of success increasing sales/growing the business
- Practical experience with food and fruit ingredients preferred
- Strong customer orientation and comfort with customer interaction
- Able to work on your own, from a home office
- Independent and used to prospect customers; open doors; build a network
- Having no problem with traveling
- Perfect in French, Italian or Spanish and fluent in English
The Development possibilities
- Possible development possibilities are
- Key Account manager
- Regional Sales Manager in an Expanding area
- New Innovative Fruit Ingredients
Please apply via email: Frank.Hofer@frutco.ch
Weite Gasse 26
CH-5400 Baden /Switzerland